Thursday, October 28, 2010

Newspaper Ad



 


            
 
             I created this newspaper ad to help the Mall Deli get more customers or encourage previous customers to come back.  My target audience is college age and older retired adults in the Pittsburg Kansas area.  These are the people who would most likely read the Collegio newspaper, where the add is to be published and be close enough to Pittsburg to use the coupon within.  I expect the reader to cut or tear out the coupon and bring it to the restaurant for a free drink with a food order.  The budget for the ad was no more than $100.00.  I decided to create an ad, 3 column inches by 6 inches which comes to 5.75 inches by 6 inches.  Total spent was $72.00 with $28.00 left over that can be used at another time.
            The idea to use the Mall Deli came to me while I was sitting in the restaurant waiting for my food, and a couple walks in about college age.  Although this is a well know establishment I thought any company could use a little boost in sales.  I started with designing their new logo, which is on their sign outside the Medowbrook Mall.  They still use the old logo on some things, but I think they will slowly weed it out.  They are now called the The Deli rather than The Mall Deli.  The Deli logo was designed in Illustrator, and is very close to the fonts used on their sign.  I drew the drink cup with ink, and scanned it in the computer.  The cheeseburger I traced it with the pen tool over a photo in Illustrator.  I made some changes so it didn’t look so much like the photo, then I added the seeds since The Deli’s cheeseburgers have seeds on the buns.  I later decided on putting a box with dotted lines around the coupon.  My ad previously said “bring this ad for a free drink with a purchase of any meal”.  I changed it to “bring this coupon for a free drink with a purchase of any meal”.  I am very well aware that most people are not going to get up go find some scissors, and cut the coupon out,  I believe the dotted lines will catch the viewer’s eye and cause them to want to use the coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment